The Protecting the Right to Organize (PRO) Act week of action has begun and IAM members need to keep the pressure up by telling your Senators to pass this long overdue bill. This crucial legislation will grant workers the right to freely form a union without the threat of company intimidation or interference.
The PRO Act will make it easier for working people to bargain together and win good contracts because it will:
- Empower workers to exercise our freedom to organize and bargain.
- Repeal “right to work” laws.
- Ensure that workers can reach a first contract quickly after a union is recognized.
- End employers’ practice of punishing striking workers by hiring permanent replacements. Speaking up for labor rights is within every worker’s rights—and workers shouldn’t lose our jobs for it.
- Hold corporations accountable by strengthening the National Labor Relations Board and allowing it to penalize employers who retaliate against working people in support of the union or collective bargaining.
- Create pathways for workers to form unions, without fear, in newer industries like Big Tech.
IAM International President Robert Martinez Jr. today wrote a letter to the Senate urging them to pass the Protecting the Right to Organize (PRO) Act.
“The PRO Act is a crucial piece of bold legislation that modernizes our federal labor law and establishes a process for mediation and arbitration to help the parties achieve a first contract,” said IAM International President Robert Martinez Jr. “It protects workers’ right to organize a union and bargain for higher wages and better benefits.”
There are PRO Act events planned this week across the country. If you’d like to participate, please click here to find an event near you.
The post We Need Your Help to Pass the Protecting the Right to Organize Act appeared first on IAMAW .